Saturday, December 18, 2021

Pups are 3 weeks old and playing catch up, learning in full force! Teaching problem solving

12/18/2021 308pm Breeder's Diary- Playing catch up but we changed out the whelping room, pups are getting out of the box. I have several platforms youtube, facebook, personal profile and sometimes I have to put on different platforms for different reasons. If the video is long? Youtube tends to be the place. So will copy and past what I put on my breeder page below/  But it too the pups like 1 hour to learn how to sleep on a doggie bed! 





Breeders can ABSOLUTELY affect the personality of a dog, outside of genetic predisposition. Before you continue reading this? Think "Pavlov's dog" We are, currently, teaching them to problem solve. I joke when I say, "I make them crazy on purpose." What I really mean is that I am conditioning them out of fears they are born with, and teaching them skills during "imprinting" times. Humans are born with two fears, all else is learned. Those two fears are loud noises and fear of falling. When I said we were doing ENS, that is early neurological stimulation. Pups (and you will notice I use the word dogs because I don't sell puppies I sell baby working dogs, but continuing on) are born not hearing nor seeing. So we get them used to the sensation of elevation in uncomfortable scenarios. After the eyes open, we don't do downward, I don't need to make a phobia (this becomes an art.) but during weighing they are used to elevation. They are 3 weeks old and hearing is coming into play. I have started to drop aluminum cans not as loud. When they start weaning, I drop heavier bowls and open umbrellas (getting rid of fear of gunshots and thunderstorms.) Right now I am making them learn Mom is on the otherside of the box, you want to eat? Get out of the box. When we wean they will get out of the box and this is the part where "You got out of the box? Now, learn to get into the box." Also, we get them excited about loud noises, means time to eat (positive association vs innate fear) Problem solving when they are young like this, the imprinting is unbelievably impactful. I make "crazy dogs." What I really mean is since they were 3 days old, whether playing classical music, dropping cans, socialization? I am making them confident, smart and fearless. I say that with every sincerity!

No comments:

Post a Comment